Sunday, January 9, 2011

Don't let me drown..

It’s so dark and alluring
And this rain so enthralling.
I’m getting all drenched,
Beautiful it feels
And the aridity quenched.

It’s level one,
Toe deep now,
We make paper boats,
Aww… they travel far and wide
And eventually out of sight.

The level reaches my knees,
Look around,
Ahh! It’s a wonderland,
It feels so elysian
why do they call it stygian?

Rising with every passing hour
Why do they sound so sour?
I know I won’t drown
For tomorrow is way too far.

They say it’s a jeopardy,
While the level reaches my belly
I’m still not scared
For I’m a fish and I’m a bird
Reckless and rash
But No…
Is that the thunder I just heard,
I guess I saw him row,
Where did my merman go?

If the levee breaks in another hour
Don’t you let me drown,
For tomorrow is way too far.

I look up the sky, the thunder and the rain
I know it’s too long when the sun shines again.
If the levee breaks in another hour
I implore.
Don’t you let me drown
For tomorrow is way too far.

No comments:

Post a Comment