Friday, August 27, 2010

I Leave behind...

I walk out of this party in all drunkenness,
My heart inundated with youth’s sunkenness.

I dread what will become of me,
For so reckless I have always been.

It is beautiful, and I’m drunk and high,
The party is hovering in fronta my mind’s eye.

I have an urge to return,
But I do know there’s more to yearn.

For there’s so much more to learn,
And this recklessness I should burn.

By and by I come to thee,
For your sake from the party I flee.

Last word with you will have me revivified,
It’s in your arms hereby, I wish I died.

You are the one I dreamt for so long,
Time has come when I say that song.

I walk and walk with the vision so blurred,
I shouted to them , but no one heard.

I relished the drinks and music there,
But when I left,there wasn’t a sole to care.

Violent winds penetrate this gut of mine,
Am I reaching you ,or am I short of time?

This teal-taffeta that I’m dressed up in,
And winds make me faint for so much I sinned.

I swivel to see if I have come too far,
But neither a speck of light, nor a single star.

I feel lost, so lost inside,
Am I reaching you ,or am I short of time?

I’ve hurt my leg, my hands, my soul inside,
And the pain as if I’m firmly tied.


I see a man, from his horse,alight,
And question if he would give me a ride?

That’s when to another side he veered,
I cried out loud but no one appeared.

I freeze and freeze as if it were rigor mortis,
Will any one take me to where his fort is?

I no longer yearn for those tequila and lime,
Am I reaching you or am I short of time?

No comments:

Post a Comment