Saturday, December 18, 2010

Those Movies..and Those Sitcoms...:)

"In the kitchen.
Mum: (making me coffee) So, you ain't going out with friends today?

Me: (Staring at the kitchen wall)

Society, man! You know, society! Cause, you know what I don't understand? I don't understand why people, why every fucking person is so bad to each other so fucking often. It doesn't make sense to me. Judgment. Control. All that, the whole spectrum.

Mum: What has gotten into you?

Me: You know..parents,hypocrites, politicians ,pricks."


Yeah! It was Alexander Supertramp , When I saw “Into the wild” last year, I got so damn drugged by the character, that I decided not to leave my room for days, write random stuff, switch my phone off and cut all cords , listen to some crazy obsolete music and talk radical stuff about society.

It happens with me quite often, It's like a phenomenon.

I couldn't sleep the night after watching The Butterfly Effect,and how chaotic that Chaos Theory and that Inception was.

But then after a while the frenzy fades away and so does the idea in my mum’s mind that I should see a shrink (guffaws), because after a while I come to the realization that This is a real life and you cannot *Real A Reel* and I get back to being normal and being a little *metamorphosed* at the same time.

Well... the subject that I'm doing my majors in (genetics that is) is to an extent is also driven by this phenomenon .
It all started with Jurassic park in 4th standard ,I didn’t get the concept really well at first but when I read the book by Michael Crichton I was so intrigued and I knew that it’s gonna be genetics.
Then came CSI Miami ,and as a kid I used to picture myself as a forensic consultant in some FBI lab. And then later in 11th standard or so I started coveting Bones (Emily Deschanel) who palyed a forensic anthropologist.
The curiosity grew to an extent that I got myself an internship in Central Forensic Science Laboratory (CBI).
And it was truly one of a kind experience.

I feel Watching a sitcom is like being addicted to some drug ,green or black.
I remember watching 18 episodes of 24 a day and then wake up the next day only to watch the 19th.
Oh! How I love getting lost in them.

I admire the way Dr Gregory House (Hugh Laurie) justifies his atheism and how he thinks life is a test and how he has difficulty with the whole concept of belief, that Faith isn’t based on logic and experience.


Then again it's been happening with me for past two days now that I watched “The Social Network”

I am totally besotted by the way Jesse Eisenberg played the character of Mark Zuckerberg, and it's not about him being the youngest billionaire in the world or something.
I simply am smitten by the way he looked so stoned all the time, passionately thinking about the next best thing he needs to do, and everything he did without a speck of dilettante approach.It seems all so inspiring to me how he latched on to the little ideas from people and transmuted them into something so prodigious.

And now I have already spent two nights thinking what would my research interest be – cloning hair follicles, or how rigor mortis could happen before death, diabetes, cancer, elastin, collagen, forensic and blahh.

I simply love the phenomenon and being metamorphosed!

No comments:

Post a Comment